On line Since 1996
Privacy Statement for CanLaw
- CanLaw has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy.
- CanLaw is very respectful about the privacy concerns of the visitors to our web site.
- Responsible use of the information you share with CanLaw is paramount.
- In order to help you understand the role technology plays in the collection and use of information you provide CanLaw, the following privacy guidelines have been created.
Personally Identifiable Information
- Our site uses an order form for customers to request information, products, and services.
- Credit card orders placed on CanLaw are safe and secure. They are converted to a secure document that uses a high-grade encryption key (RC4, 128 bit} The information you enter on the form is encrypted and can only be read by CanLaw.
- Ordering online with us is probably safer then your giving your card to say, a waitress in a restaurant.
- Credit card information is encrypted and protected behind secure passwords and retained only for accounting purposes
- Contact information from the order form is used to send orders and information about our company to our customers. It is not shared with any other entity.
- The customer's contact information is also used to get in touch with the visitor when necessary.
- Financial information that is collected is used only to bill the user for products and services.
- CanLaw will never supply your personal information to anyone for any reason.
- Your personal information when submitted by you requesting our services is used only for that purpose and thereafter isolated in our secure areas.
You may not use this web site unless you agree and accept our
Terms and Conditions of Use.
If you do not want to receive information from CanLaw, do not use our web site or our services.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site,
Contact the Web Site Managment
How Are Your Referral Requests Handled?
- CanLaw encrypts your referral request to protect your privacy.
- Be discreet when requesting referrals.
- Be discreet in sending us information concerning your personal legal matters.
- For your own protection, do not email us with anything which you would not want used against you in court.
- Information you may submit in requesting us to find you a lawyer will be forwarded to our list of appropriate lawyers so they may judge if they are the right lawyer to assist you.
- You consent to that by using our service.
- Non Personally Identifiable Information:
- In general, you can visit this site while remaining anonymous by not providing any personal information.
- Links to Other Web Sites
- This site contains links to other sites. CanLaw is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other such Web sites. If you discover an obscene or pornographic or feminist hate site linked from CanLaw, please notify us at once so we may remove it.
- This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We cannot divulge any information on our security systems for obvious reasons.
Lawyers' directory and database:
CanLaw's Directory of Canadian Lawyers and related databases do not contain personal information on the lawyers therein.
It is our goal to list accurately and completely the business contact information of every lawyer, judge, crown, in house counsel and notary in Canada.
This directory is the property of CanLaw Inc, and there are no opt out options offered to the profession for this material.
Any member of the profession is encouraged to check his/her listing for accuracy or to submit a new listing.