- Make sure the accident is recorded and reported to the Police.
- Obtain a copy of the police report and/or the collision centre report.
- Record names and phone numbers of witnesses.
- Keep a full record of any expenses you incur as a result of your accident (ie: ambulance, medication, etc.).
- You should not speak to any insurance company without first obtaining legal advice.
- Report the accident to your insurance company and or the Transit company.
- Most importantly trauma can mask pain of some injuries such as whiplash. Make sure you are properly examined by a physician even if you feel OK.
YOU ARE ENTITLED TO FOLLOWING BENEFITS NO MATTER IF YOU WERE AT FAULT OR NOT
- Income Replacement Benefits (80% of lost income) or $1280 a month if student.
- Medical Care such as Physiotherapy, Chiropractic, Massage, Psychotherapy, Counseling, Medications, Dentistry, Orthotics, Prosthetics, Glasses, Acupuncture, etc.
- up to a maximum of $100,000
- Attendant Care Benefits ($1280 monthly) and Housekeeping ($400 monthly)
- Care Giver Benefits ($250 for 1 st child and $50 for each additional child)
- Permanent Disability and Lost Limbs Benefits (Up to $3,000,000)
- Gym Membership or Exercise Equipments
- Death Benefits
- Counseling For Family Members of Accident Victims
- Travelling Costs of Family Members to Visit and Accompany Accident Victim & many other benefits