A Living Will is your written formalized, legally binding directive on what to do should you require extraordinary medical treatment, such as mechanical life support or heart resuscitation when you are unable to communicate your wishes.
In Canada, anyone can make a Living Will with CanLaw's living will kit.
OTHER LEGAL FORMS
A living will: Also called an advanced healthcare directive, a living will is where you lay out all the specific details of your end of life care.
If you want to die with dignity, you must have a living will.
If you wind up in a coma or unresponsive in the hospital, a living will can help your family decide how to handle your medical treatment.
The expression “living will” refers to a simple legal document in which you write down what you want to happen if you become ill and can’t communicate your wishes about treatment.
A Living Will is a simple legal document in which you specify what actions should or should not be taken for your health if you are no longer able to make decisions for yourself because of illness or incapacity.
Many people will write a living will saying that they do not want to be kept alive on artificial life support if they have no hope of recovery.
• You may become incapacitated suddenly by an accident, a stroke, or a serious heart attack
• You have a need or desire to state your wishes regarding medical care, the termination of treatment, in the event the time comes when you are not able to make these decisions regarding your medical care.
• You currently have poor physical health, a chronic illness or a terminal disease or disability.
• You are facing pending surgery or hospitalization
• You work in a high risk occupation.
• You do not wish to be kept alive by artificial life support systems.
• You do not want to be resuscitated
• Where there is no reasonable expectation of your recovery from physical or mental
These Living Will forms are designed for Canadian use by non lawyers
You do not need any legal training or experience.
It's Very Easy to Make a Living Will
Just fill in the blanks to create your own CanLaw Certified Living Will in minutes with this straight forward CanLaw Living Will kit.
When It Comes to Lawyers, Paralegals, Legal Help
Come to CanLaw
CLICK TO BROWSE